JOHN MARCUS ADRIAN ODOÑO

He's my son... my ever dearest... he's one of my life's greatest fulfilments and he's the best... he's on top of my list... he's my best gem... my precious one... I so love Macoi... he's my life and that's no doubt... ;-)

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Macoi’s Prayer -Angel of God

I am glad how my Coi-coi has learned to pray. We now do it every night. I know he had memorized it though he cannot fully utter the words yet.

It is but important to teach a child at a very young age to get closer to God. We have to instill them that to our Lord only we should depend.

Perhaps it is a bit harder introducing Jesus in His deepest sense. Maybe we could start letting them know that there are Angels guiding little children like them. Just like the most popular prayer imparts to us.

Angel of God,

My guardian dear,
to whom God's love commits me here,
ever this day(night),
be at my side
to light and love,
to rule and guide.
Amen.

 

I have researched a Latin translation of this prayer, which I would just like to share as well. Here it goes:

Ángele Dei,

qui custos es mei,
me, tibi commissum pietáte supérna,
hodie illúmina, custódi,
rege et gubérna.
Amen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails